Polk Fit, Fresh and Friendly is a consortium of volunteers dedicated to making a difference in the health and wellness of Polk County. Our name reflects the mission of a broad-based group of community leaders, health professionals, and concerned community members working together to plan and implement effective strategies to promote wellness in our community.
- We are hiring a Coalition Coordinator to help us fulfill our mission in Polk County. A complete job description is available by clicking here.
- Join us for the Annual PF3 Strategic Planning Session on September 29 from noon - 4:00 at the Harmon Field Log Cabin in Tryon. If you wish to join us for lunch, please RSVP to June Beddingfield at email@example.com. Come help us plan for a healthier Polk County!
- Free flu shots and other health screenings will be offered in Columbus on September 28th! Click here for detailed information.
- Do you have a family member of friend living through an emotional crisis? NAMI Four Seasons is offering a free support class for friends and family members beginning September 15th. For more information click here.
- Are you ready to quit smoking and improve your health? The Free Clinics is sponsoring the American Lung Association's popular "Freedom from Smoking Program" beginning September 13th. The registration deadline for this free class is September 6th. To read the program flyer click here.