Polk Fit, Fresh and Friendly is a consortium of volunteers dedicated to making a difference in the health and wellness of Polk County. Our name reflects the mission of a broad-based group of community leaders, health professionals, and concerned community members working together to plan and implement effective strategies to promote wellness in our community.
- A new support group for individuals living with diabetes will meet at the Polk County Extension office on Saturday, February 18, from 1 - 2. The topic of this discussion will be meal planning and preparation for healthy eating. Please phone 828-894-0944 to reserve your space. Also, please feel free to share or post the flyer as you see fit. Click here to download.
- Thank you to the Polk County Community Foundation and the Community Foundation of Western North Carolina! Both organizations awarded PF3 grant funding that will support our operating expenses and Hear2Help initiative through 2017.
- We are growing!! Thanks to funding from Foothills Health Network (FHN), we have launched an exciting new venture: Hear2Help. To learn more about Hear2Help, click here.
- To lead Hear2Help, we have hired a half-time Project Manager, Buffy Ashmore. Buffy brings high energy, knowledge of our community and a deep history in wellness promotion to this position. You'll see Buffy out in the community working on Hear2Help.
- With additional funding from the Rutherford, Polk, McDowell Health Department (RMPHD) and St. Luke's Hospital, we have been able to expand Buffy's duties to include a quarter-time PF3 Coalition Coordinator role. She will be in her office at RPMHD's Polk County branch working to keep PF3 organized. Many thanks to RPMHD for providing office space for Buffy and PF3.
- PF3 held its annual strategic planning meeting in September. Close to 50 community and members of PF3 gathered to discuss how to further our mission of improving health and wellness in Polk County. Please visit the Resources section of this website to learn more about the session and our plans for the future.
- Operation Medicine Drop - Prescription drug take-back events help you safely destroy old drugs to keep them from falling into the wrong hands. To learn more about Polk County's recent Operation Medicine Drop, please click here.
- Notice something new? Local graphic artist Cody Owens recently helped us re-vamp our logo to reflect a more contemporary image for the organization. Thanks, Cody!!